The Court shall consist of the persons as follows:
- The Chancellor;
- The Vice-Chancellor
- The Registrar (Administration); Member Secretary
- The Registrar (Academic);
- Minister in charge of Cooperation Department of Assam;
- The Principal Secretary Cooperation Department , in his absence the Secretary to the Government of Assam , Cooperation Department;
- The Registrar of Cooperative Societies, Assam, Cooperation Department;
- The Regional Head of NABARD, NE Region;
- The Registrar of Cooperative Societies, Assam.
- The Director of Agriculture, Assam;
- The Chairman / Chief Executive officer of the Assam State Cooperative Union;
- Members of eminent institution / organizations like VAMNICOM / Tata Institute of Social Sciences / NDDB / NFDB / IRMA etc. subject to acceptance by the concerned authorities;
- The Regional Head of IIM, NE Region.
- Persons not exceeding three in number nominated by the Chancellor from amongst the patrons on recommendation by Executive Council through examination of bio-data , etc. and who are not members of any other state University ;
- Two persons to be elected by the members of the Assam Legislative Assembly from amongst themselves and who are not members of any other State University;
- Five persons distinguished in Co-operation , Law , Commerce , economics , social and rural economy and public life to be nominated by the Chancellor on recommendation by the Executive Council through examination of bio-data etc. and who are not members of any other State University;
- Two eminent cooperators to be nominated by the Chancellor on recommendation by the Executive Council through examination of bio-data etc. and who are not members of any other State University;
- Two representative (one male , one female) to be elected by the students of the University from among themselves:
Provided that a student to be so elected must have been student of the University for atleast one year prior to his election.
Provided further that no student who has taken more than one year in excess of the period prescribed for the course of which he is a student shall be eligible for such election.
In the event of election by the student of the University not being held for whatever reason , the Vice-Chancellor in consultation with the student community may nominate two representative (one male , one female) from among themselves to be representatives in the court.
The Executive Council shall be the executive body of the University and shall consist of the following members, namely:
- The Vice-Chancellor;
- All the Registrars;
- The Registrar of Cooperative Societies, Assam;
- Two Heads of the departments of University who are professors to be chosen by the Vice-Chancellor by rotation for a period of three years according to seniority.
- One person nominated by the State Government of Assam in the Cooperation department.
- One Dean of Faculty to be chosen by the Vice-Chancellor from the Deans of Faculties of the University for a period of three years by rotation according to seniority.
- Two members of the Court, other than the employees of the University to be elected by the Court at its Annual General Meeting.
- Two persons nominated by the Chancellor based on recommendation of Executive Council in its meeting after examination of bio-data, etc.
- The Academic Council shall be the academic body of the University and shall, subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes and the ordinances have the control and general regulation of and be responsible for the maintenance of standards of the instruction, education and examination within the University.
- The Academic Council shall consist of the following members, namely:
- The Vice-Chancellor
- The Deans of faculties
- The Professors of the University
- The University Readers who are Heads of Department
- The Librarian of the University.
There shall be a Finance Committee of the University consisting of the following members, namely:
- The Vice-Chancellor of the Chairperson;
- Two Members elected by the Court from amongst its members;
- Two Members elected by the Executive Council from amongst its Members;
- Two members to be nominated by the State Government, one in the Co-operation department and one in the Finance Department.
There shall be a Selection Committee for making recommendations to the Executive Council for appointment of Professors, readers, Registrar, Treasurer, librarian and other officers of the University as may be provided for by the Statutes consisting of the following members:
- The Vice-chancellor as the Chairperson of the Selection Committee.
- The registrar (administration) shall be the Ex- officio Member Secretary of the Selection Committee of the appointment of registrar in which case the Vice Chancellor shall nominate one person as Member Secretary in consultation with the Executive Council.
- The Vice-Chancellor in consultation with the Executive Council shall constitute a selection Committee for the purpose of selection of candidates for filling up of any others posts based on requirements of the post, the composition of the selection committee shall not exceed seven and should not be below three including Vice-Chancellor and Registrar (Administration).
- Where the executive Council proposes to make an appointment otherwise than in order of merit arranged by the Selection Committee in case of the posts of Professors, Reader or Lecturer, it shall record its reason in writing and submit them to the Chancellor who may approve the proposal or return it to the Executive Council for reconsideration. After reconsideration, if the Executive Council desires to purpose its original proposal , it shall refer to the matter with full justification again to the Chancellor for his decision, which shall be final.
The Examination Committee shall be constituted with the following members:
- The Vice-Chancellor as Chairperson;
- The Registrar (Academic);
- Three persons from amongst the Professors and / or Heads of Department of the University to be nominated by the Academic Council;
- Two members of the Academic Council who are not Professors or Heads of the Department of the University;
- Two members who may or may not be Professors or Head of the Department of the University to be nominated by the Vice-Chancellor.
- Controller of Examinations as Member Secretary.
It shall be a Custodian Committee for all movable and immovable properties of the University consisting of the following:
- Vice- Chancellor as Chairperson
- All Registrar
- Finance and Accounts Officer
- Chief Engineer or in his absence Executive Engineer
- Estate Officers as Member Secretary
- The Committee co-opt any officer of the University as may be considered necessary in the interest of the University.
Development and Maintenance Committee
The University shall have one Development and Maintenance Committee with the following persons, namely:
- Vice-Chancellor as Chairperson;
- Registrar (Administration);
- Finance and accounts Officer;
- One member to be nominated by the Executive Council;
- Security Officer;
- Chief Engineer or in his absence Executive Engineer as Member Secretary.
However, the Committee may co-opt any other officer of the University involved in the development and Maintenance process of the University as members, if considered necessary.